Anal Fistula Plug is made up of sub mucosa of small intestine and is a highly sophisticated absorbable material which is absorbed/dissolved by the body in 6-8 weeks. This plug is placed and anchored in the fistula tract by a special technique and the internal opening is closed over it. VAAFT can be combined with anal Fistula plug in some patients with good results.
- Non-invasive- The procedure involves no cutting, scarring or distortion of anatomy at all.
- Little pain- The procedure is associated with comparatively little pain as there in no cutting involved.
- Early recovery- Recovery is very fast and the patient can be back to work with in a short span.
- Less morbidity- There is no new wound formation and no extensive post operative dressings are required.
- Short Hospitalization- The patient can usually be discharged in 12-24 hours after the procedure.
- No risk of Incontinence – There is absolutely no risk of incontinence even in high fistulas and complex fistulas.
- ‘Biological’ closure- This procedure is a biological closure of the fistula tract rather than a ‘Mechanical’ closure’ as in advancement flap.
- Minimal foreign body reaction- Studies have shown that there is minimal foreign body reaction to the plug material.
- High Success rate – Studies have shown the success rate of Anal Fistula Plug treatment to be in the range of 70-87%.
The Anal Fistula Plug is the indicated in treatment
- High Fistula
- Long,complex fistulas
- Recurrent fistulas
- Horse-shoe fistulas
- Anterior radial fistulas
- Crohn’s disease
- Chances of Failure – Though Anal Fistula Plug has high success rate, still it is not successful in some patients.
- Plug Extrusion- The plug can be extruded in 10-20% of cases.
- Abscess formation- There can be abscess formation in 6-8%.
- Rejection by body
Anal Fistula treatment in women – VAAFT India Lady female Surgeon Doctor
Vaaft is available Singapore,UAE, Dubai, Bangkok, Phuket , Nigeria, congo, afghanistan, Brazil, Caribbean , Costa Rica, Czech Republic, Hungary, Israel, Malaysia, Mexico, Singapore, South Africa, South Korea,Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States but patient all over globe travel to new Delhi for vaaft treatment.